Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

November 1st
the day after Halloween
Starbucks holiday red cups come out
my husband watches his first Christmas movie!

This is not a joke...
Christmas starts early in this household.

I was looking at pictures of last Christmas and came across this one.

I made this cake for Christmas last year.
With Brian's family we always have a birthday cake for Jesus.
All of the Great Grand Kids usually decorate it but they didnt have time last year.
So I made a Chocolate Cake with Peppermint Buttercream.
I decorated it with mini candy canes and it turned out cuter then I couldve ever imagined!
I took the candy canes and put them in a ziplock bag.  I wrapped the bag in a kitchen towl and then rolled smashed the candy canes until they were as small as I wanted.
After I smashed them I put them in my hand and pressed them into the frosting.
I made hearts with the candy canes on top.
I hope you enjoy the cake!
Wish I would've written down the frosting recipe...


No comments:

Post a Comment