Friday, May 17, 2013

Hospital Survival Kit

My cousin (the one I blogged about here) had her baby boy today!!!!!
 
Today I had to return a few things to target so I decided to put together a little basket of goodies for her while she is at the hospital.
She had to have a c-section so her stay will be a little longer then she originally planned.
 
I found a few hospital survival kit ideas on pinterest but I thought they all could have a little more umph.
 
Here it is!
 

 
 
Items Included:
  • Basket
  • Magazines
  • iTunes Gift Card
  • Fuzzy Socks with Grippers on the bottom
  • Kleenex
  • Nail polish
  • Chap stick
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Body Butter or Lotion
  • Headbands
  • Hair Bands
  • Mints
  • Gum
  • Chocolate
  • Gummy Candy
  • Granola Bars
  • Lucky Bamboo Plant

Most hospital survival kits that I saw online used a bucket or a gift bag.  To me, spending a few extra dollars to get a nice basket that will actually be used is worth it! 
 
The magazines that I chose were Redbook and Parents Magazine.
 
My favorite thing that I added to the basket is the bamboo!  I was picking up a little flower arrangement (that costs WAY too much!) and then the tiny bamboo plants caught my eye! 
The inside of the card said,
 "Lucky Bamboo plant symbolizes luck and success because of its ability to grow quickly, healthy and resilience.  It is recommended by Feng Shui Masters to improve the energy in the home and to give the person more energy to face today's challenging life styles"
 
How PERFECT is that for a new mother!
 
It is also great for a new mother because it is very simple to care for....just keep water in the pot!
 
 
Even though I have never stayed in a hospital, I can only hope this will help a little.
 
-e


No comments:

Post a Comment