Wednesday, August 21, 2013

cord of three strands...

My husband has had a tough time with wedding rings.
His expensive nice one fell off while we were at Alki beach so he has been using a different very cheap one that gives him a bit of a rash and is big and falls off.
He talked about getting a ring tattoo.
So for our anniversary I surprised him with a gift card for the House of Tattoo so he could get one done!
 
We scheduled it and realized that we needed to figure out what he wanted.
 
He wanted something simple.
I was looking online and mostly saw names or just a black band.
I thought a bunch of lines would look cool so I started doodling.
 
 
I liked the look of the one circled.
 
Then I had the grand idea of the meaning!!
 
 
The three stripes represent Brian (husband), Me (wife), and God in both of us!
 
I am so proud of my original (not found on pinterest) tattoo idea!
 
So, that is what he did!!!

 
All drawn on!


Mike did an awesome job!


 
 And here is the finished product!
 
 
I love it...and him!
 
-e


7 comments:

  1. I was wanderng through the massive ring tattoo that are out there and came across yours. It is really wonderful!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very happy with the simple yet meaningful tattoo!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering if you could post a picture of his tattoo with his palm facing up. I am curious to see the underside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist at this place suggests that you do not tattoo on the inside of your hand because it wears off pretty quickly. So the tattoo just stops on the sides between his fingers. :)

      Delete
  3. I was curious also if we could see a photo of the under side of the ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist at this place suggests that you do not tattoo on the inside of your hand because it wears off pretty quickly. So the tattoo just stops on the sides between his fingers. :)

      Delete
  4. My husband and I love this design! We are getting ring tattoos tomorrow, and are using this design! We were looking for something representative of Ecclesiastes 4:12 and this fit perfectly. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete