Wednesday, August 14, 2013

DIY summer cookie box label

School supplies are out and that means that summer is coming to a close.

Today Amelia (girl I nanny) wanted to make cookies to bring to her neighbors. 

I am always up for baking!

Now my problem is that sometimes I am just too much of a craft/project perfectionist. I just can't give the neighbors cookies in a plastic baggie. 

So here is what I came up with. 

 
Now all I did was:
-buy take out boxes from michaels. $1.50 (used a coupon)
- use Microsoft word to type out whatever words you want to put on the label. I draw a circle the size of the punch I will be using around the words so I make sure they fit. 
- then I print off the words and use a punch (2.5 inch circle) to get the perfect circle. 
-I picked a cute piece of scrapbooking paper (from a paper pad which was $9.99) and punched out a larger circle (3 inch I think)
- I used a glue stick to stick the white paper with words onto the colorful scrapbooking paper. 
- then I used hot glue to glue the whole label onto the take out box


I filled the boxes with the original nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe. 
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/original-nestlÉ-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies/detail.aspx

I used the small oxo cookie scoop so they were tiny cookies and would fit in the box. And admit it....when you eat 5 tiny cookies it is way less calories then one normal sized one. ;)

I will upload the PDF for you to print tonight!

-e

No comments:

Post a Comment