Sunday, August 18, 2013

Picnic Baby Shower

My sister in law Jesie was throwing a baby shower for her best friend and asked me if I wanted to help with some decorations...
OF COURSE!
It was a co-ed shower and the theme was picnic (baby BBQ just sounds wrong).
 
So I knew I was going to make a banner with my silhouette machine.
The font and colors are the same as the invite.
 
 
Since we knew the forecast said it was going to be warm we got a pop up tent for over the food so I made a small pennant banner to decorate that!  I will post a tutorial soon.  (it is super easy)
 
 
 
Another easy decoration we did was string twine around a tree in the backyard and clipped pieces of paper for people to fill out for the new baby!
 
 
 I found these straws in the dollar bins at Michaels and they worked perfectly in this antique mason jar.


 
I have these great red beverage jars that my boss didn't need anymore that we used.
I also used the beverage tags that I got for my birthday from Jesie! 
 
 
Now another one of my favorite parts of the shower....
I have this Coca-Cola crate that I found on craigslist and I have been wanting to use it for a party.
I also got a bunch of antique mason jars from my boss.
 
I put them both together and used it for condiments and burger toppings.
 
Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, relish, BBQ sauce, mustard, mayo, ketchup were all in the mason jars.  (how cute would bacon be sticking out of a jar in the middle!  I didn't have time!)

 
 Here is the food table!
 
 
The best part, DESSERT!
I made a custom banner that matched the large one for the cake.
 
 
The cake is vanilla with vanilla buttercream.
 

The cupcakes are inspired by an Ice Cream Sundae!  
 

 
It was such a fun party!  Even the kids had a good time!
 
 
Baby Ruston has no choice
he IS a Seahawks fan!
 
 
Congrats T&D!
We cannot wait to meet baby Ruston!
 
 
-e


2 comments:

  1. OMG! Just found your blog on Pinterest and I love your ideas in this baby shower. I want to use the coke crate at my next bbq! Love it!
    Kim
    Kapinney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this! Where did you find that coke crate?

    ReplyDelete