Saturday, October 5, 2013

Before & After {Craft Room}

 I finally decided to take pictures of my craft room.  Normally it is a mess of paper, glitter, ribbon, etc so I really cleaned it up for these pictures!  I still haven't "decorated" the walls yet, but stay tuned for some diy craft room signs!  

 Here is the before...


Checklist:
  • Tear out smelly carpet and replace
  • Take off weird shelving
  • Replace door, handle, trim, vent cover, outlet covers, and blinds
  • Cut out the drawers under the closet  and replace closet doors and shelf and pole
  • Re texture inside of closet
  • PAINT!!!
We were blessed that this house has 3 huge bedrooms (technically 4 if you count the upstairs room).  Since we do not have kids yet and we don't need a guest bedroom (both of our parents live closely so that if any out of town guests came they would stay with them) we knew that Brian would get an office for school work and then I get a craft room!!!!  My craft room is a little smaller because I know that if we have a baby my craft room would turn into the nursery and this room is on the back of the house so it seems a little safer.  


So we tore out the carpet and found BEAUTIFUL original hardwood floors just like the living room and dining room.  But unfortunately just like the other rooms there were huge nails all over them.  :( So we just covered them up with some carpet.



My room obviously became the junk room during the remodel. So most of the time it was just dusty and full of tools!  You can see in the top picture how the closet was cut out.  It looks a lot more modern without the drawers underneath!


How beautiful would my craft room look with those original hardwoods!!?
Maybe one day they can be refinished...


YAY carpet!
This is when it finally felt like a house!


Here are the after pictures!!!

The color on the walls is Behr Teal Zeal.
I love it because it is very bright and cheery!

Our doors and trim were from Custom Choice Door
and the door handles are Schlage Georgian

Our blinds are from Hunter Douglas


This cabinet was from my parents neighbor.  I still need to paint it (it is off white and I want just white) and replace the knobs.  It is a great find because it holds all of my machines and inside there is a lot of storage for craft supplies!


My desk is from Wayfair.  It is so big that I can do multiple crafts or have friends over and we can both work together!


I decorated the shelves on the side with all of my cute cupcake cookbooks and I used the Target storage bins to fill up space and give me more space for crafts.  I have glue gun stuff in one, stamps in another, punches, and fabric.  


We used to have these bookcases from ikea in our living room but we don't have room for them out there anymore so they got shoved in my room.  We store all of our DVDs and seasons of shows in them.  I wanted my room to be all white furniture but at least these look black.  :)



Here is the before and after!

A few things I still want to do are put up a white shelf above my desk, change out the light, and add pictures to the walls and quotes.

I absolutely love my craft room and I welcome anyone over to craft with me!!!

-e

1 comment:

  1. SO ADORABLE! great color! and like you said if it does someday become an nursery, it will be a super easy transition! love how much fun you are having nesting! and your creativity is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete