Sunday, December 22, 2013

Annual Baking Party

Every year my family gets together the weekend before Christmas to bake cookies.
Most of them are for Christmas day, then everyone brings a couple home to snack on before Christmas, and somehow a few of them get nibbled on throughout the day.

I offered to host this year since our house is not in the middle of a giant remodel like last year and the double oven is a draw too.  :)

I love invitations so I created one for this shindig!


Normally we don't do a meal since most of the space is occupied by food.
So I thought I would just make a few drinks to sip on while we decorated.


I made this banner the night before because the space just needed a banner!


The straws were from Target
I bought the napkins from World Market a few years ago.
I tied a little circle label onto each mug so that we wouldn't forget whose was whose.



I made a little hot cocoa bar and put all of the toppings in square glass jars.
Someone can tell Pepperidge Farm that I am very angry that over half of the cookie sticks were broken when I opened the jar!  grrrrr...

The toppings are:
Candy Canes
White Chocolate Chips
Mini Marshmallows
Cookie Sticks
Rolos (chocolate and caramel)
Red Hot Cinnamon Candies



I also put out Baileys and Whipped cream.
The hot cocoa was just swiss miss made with milk.


Cranberry Lemonade Punch Recipe:
3 3/4 cup Lemonade
3 1/2 cup Ginger ale
3 1/2 cup Cranberry Ginger ale
2 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice

Naughty Version add:
2 cup Berry Vodka

Garnished with:
one bag of cranberries split between the two jars
one lemon sliced between the two jars

The punch served in the dispensers from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Each jar holds one gallon.
The recipe about is for one of the jars not both.

The naughty and nice tags are from Ballard Design


This table was set  up right next to the kitchen so that the bakers could sip while baking.


I set up one other long table for decorating.


I ran brown wrapping paper (from the dollar tree!) down the middle of my dining room table for easy clean up.


This was such a cheap and easy way to cover the table and keep them clean!
Tablecloths never feel clean enough to me.


I got these cupcake sleighs from Crate and Barrel a few years ago and I am always so sad that I only use them about once a year.
So I put cupcake liners in there and filled them with sprinkles for people to decorate with.


Is grandma helping or tasting? 


Spritz!


Lots of sugar cookies to decorate!


Miss Gracelynn attended her first baking party!



She had a lot of fun with all of the girls!



Chicken dinner baby food just doesn't taste as good as cookies!


It was so much fun and I am so happy that I could host!
Can't wait until next year!

-e


No comments:

Post a Comment