Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mustache Baby Sprinkle

 The day after Christmas I was hauling the tree out and making sure all the decorations were away because I was so excited to host a "sprinkle" for my sister in law!

The Holden side of the family had 9 boys in a row, then 5 little girls in a row,
now Ezra is breaking the streak!
We were all ready to step over into the boy section and pick out some blue!

Here is the invitation I created.
(address and phone number edited for privacy)
 

 
Here is the guest of honor.
Perfectly matching I might add!
 
 
When planning this shower I went with a navy chevron as the pattern.
I thought this would be very easy to find at my local craft stores...no way!
I ended up making the banner background by cutting out a chevron pattern and gluing it on.
(when I have a creative vision I can't just let it go...its a problem)
 
The banner was made with my silhouette cameo.
The font matches the invite. (Bondoluo Peek)
I made the mustache banner with my cameo and then I glued it onto embroidery thread.  (thicker than thread but thinner then skinny ribbon or yarn!  perfect!)
 
On the mantle I framed pictures from their pregnancy.
(including the most realistic 3D ultrasound I have ever seen!)
 
It added a personal touch that wasn't too expensive and was like a walk down pregnancy lane.
 
 
 
 
As a cheap decoration to add some life to a few dull corners I put a few white balloons with mustaches from an idea I saw on pinterest.
 
tip: don't buy expensive balloon weights. tie balloons to a coffee mug and set it on the ground
 
 
On the entry table I framed the invite in a $3 target frame that was given to the mommy to be.  Since she doesn't get an invite in the mail it is important to remember to give her one for the baby book!
 
The black lanterns my mother in law had and she got them off ebay!
They matched perfectly!
I also set the thank you cards there so I wouldn't forget to give them to Jesie.
 
 
I used our antique trunk for a baby shower "activity".
Some extra fabric was leftover from the table runner and it fit perfectly here!
 
The big H is from Restoration Hardware.

 
I had the guests write a word of encouragement, bible verse, or something to make them smile on a diaper for those first few weeks when they need a little love. 

 
Food Table.
 
 
 
One talent that I wish I had was to sew.
Since I don't have that talent (yet) I had to ask for some help for my table runner idea.
Too add a little color to the table I got this fabric from Artco (our local craft store) since JoAnn Fabric didn't have a navy chevron print fabric!  COME ON PEOPLE!!!
Brian's Grandma is a great seamstress so I asked if she would make the runner.
I figured this would be an easy task for her.
For me it would've included hot glue and WAY too much time!
She did a great job!  I am so lucky to have such talented people in my life I can call on!
 
Thanks Grandma!
 

I used my silhouette cameo to cut out black mustaches out of vinyl and stuck them onto white vases.
One white vase was on the table and then two smaller ones were on the mantle (pictured above)

My mother in law did the flowers!
There aren't many blue choices to choose from so white worked.


Vanilla Cupcakes filled with Raspberry piped with White Chocolate Butter cream.
Cupcake liners were from Etsy shop LemonTreePartySeller.
I made the cupcake toppers.
You can order cupcakes from me here.



Lemon Blueberry Bread

Shortbread Cookies dipped in Dark Chocolate

 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
with a mustache of course!

 
Veggie Tray
(with a yellow pepper to hold the ranch)

 
Chicken salad in puff pastry.


Blueberries, blackberries, and black grapes!
perfect color match!

 
served with Pita Chips
 

 

 
The beverage station
 

I bought Starbucks frappuchino bottles from Costco.
They are pretty inexpensive from Costco and there was a coupon.
So it was less than a dollar per bottle and they had the yummy drink inside!
To buy glass milk bottles online it was about $3 a bottle and you had to pay shipping!
I peeled the label off and used goo gone to clean them off.

I cut out mustaches with black vinyl on my cameo and stuck them onto the bottles.

The chevron navy straws were from Etsy shop CreativeJuiceCafe


The blue punch was a mixture of half blue Hawaiian punch and half 7 up.

decorated with another vinyl mustache.

 
This group of friends and family think sprinkle means shower when it comes to gifts!
 
 


 
I am so glad that I could host a sprinkle for my soon to be nephew!
Throwing a party is so much fun when it is for someone you love.
I can't wait to meet you Ezra!
 
-auntie em
 
 
(this picture is for pinterest purposes)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Great job Emily! You're going to have to add party planner to your resume now. :-)

    ReplyDelete