Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pledge of allegiance flag decor

I have been slacking a little when it comes to decorating for holidays.
I have Christmas all squared away and pretty much have fall decor but everything else I have nothing.  After we got married and moved into our first apartment I told Brian that I did not want to buy any holiday decorations because once we got a house I would want to buy decorations for the house to match our decor.  Now that we have the house I am finally able to let loose!

I bought some pictures frames from Jo-Ann last year on clearance and those spoke to me as my inspiration for the rest of my decor!  I found this picture on Pinterest and decided to try my hand at recreating it!  
I went to Jo-Ann and found this wood plaque that was 11x14 regularly priced $11.99 but with coupon it was $7.19.   I also bought one white paint for $0.99 and painted the whole plaque with a sponge brush.


I used my silhouette cameo to create the design.  The font is sanford and I just spaced the words how they were spaced out in the original picture because I liked how it looked.  The words fit into a 7x11 rectangle.

I had two 12x12 sheets of vinyl that cost a little less than $1 each from amazon.  I used the darkest blue and red that they had in the package.  After cutting out the letters with my silhouette cameo I taped the pieces together so it would be easier to transfer onto the plaque.


It was very easy to transfer onto the dried plaque and turned out super cute!
I bought a stand from Jo-Ann to set it on.
The two little stars are from Pier One.


I absolutely love how it turned out!
It is hard to find decorations that I love at the store and this was easy enough to make and it cost me less than $10!!!! (and I have leftover supplies!)

Happy Crafting!
-e

1 comment: